STRONGS INSURANCE is an authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check these details on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA's Website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Our FCA register number is 310707

Liability Insurance.

At STRONGS INSURANCE we specialise in Public and Employers Liability Insurance for Scaffolding and Roofing risks.

We can also arrange cover for other trades with more than Two employees, such as Electrical, Plumbing, Builders, Heating & Ventilation contractors.


  • Cover available for unlimited height.

  • Cover for limited or unlimited number of employees.

  • Heat cover available.

  • Assistance with Health & Safety, from some of our insurers.

  • Low cost instalments.

  • Immediate cover confirmation documents available. 

  • Rated insurers used for your security.

  • Paper and electronic documentation available.

For Scaffolding and Roofing contractors, Insurers will charge a premium based on either the number of workers employed

within the company (per capita) or alternatively on the company turnover and wage roll.  Polices based on the Turnover and Wage Roll is more common and dose not require you to stipulate the number of workers on site.  We can discuss with you your requirements and guide you to the correct type of policy at a cost that will be extremely competitive. Please remember that we are Agents for many leading insurers specialising in this type of cover.

Below are more details of Liability cover.  

Public and Products Liability. 


This cover provides protection against your legal liability for bodily injury to third parties and damage to their property.

Employers Liability.


This is a legal requirement and provides protection against damages and legal costs that arise as a result of claims from employees suffering an injury or disease due to, and during their employment.

An Employee is anyone who:

Is under a contract of service or apprenticeship with you

Borrowed by or hired to you

A labour master or supplied by a labour master

Labour only sub contractors

Self employed – when supplying labour only to you

Under a work experience or training scheme

A volunteer working under your control in connection with the Business

An outworker or homeworker when engaged in work on your behalf


Contractors All Risk.

Contractors all risk is commonly know as (CAR) insurance, is specifically aimed at those who work within the construction sector.

This policy is usually provided on an annual basis and provides protection for individual construction contracts, including:

Contract works

Own plant and tools

Hired in plant

Temporary buildings

Show home contents

Employee tools

Architects drawings

Property awaiting sale

A CAR policy is generally the single most inclusive insurance policy for those who work within the construction sector.

Excess of Loss.

Excess of loss Public & Products Liability and/or Employers Liability provides top up cover in excess of that provided by the primary insurance policy. Most primary policies will provide cover up to an indemnity limit of say £2,000,000 or £5,000,000 but you may need cover up to £10,000,000 for a specific contract. This is where the Excess of Loss policy fits to provide the extra cover required in addition to the primary policy.

Please contact our office for advise or a quotation without obligation.